Feb 14 2018
Seasonal Chef for 2018 at Sunset Bay Resort
We are currently looking to fill the position of Seasonal Chef at the Beach House Family Restaurant at Sunset Bay Resort.
The Beach House is a seasonal licensed restaurant located on the south shore of Emma Lake, Saskatchewan at Sunset Bay Resort. The resort is 50 km north of Prince Albert or 2 hrs. north from Saskatoon. The restaurant is a seasonal lakeside, two story log structure with a panoramic lake view, Open from 1st of May to the 30th of September. The owners of Sunset Bay Resort are looking for the right person to join our small team to operate the resort/restaurant for 6 months of the year or longer. This position is for a serious, energetic, career-minded chef with a passion for cooking and building a team in the food and beverage industry. The ideal candidate is a passionate leader with a positive attitude and has the drive to develop him or herself and the business. As our Seasonal Chef you are given the opportunity to make this restaurant your own, to offer the ultimate and most memorable guest experience, with a commitment to excellence in the food and beverage industry. If you possess a passion for food quality and an eye for detail read on…
Seasonal Chef Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading a high performing team with a strong work ethic, team work and initiative.
- Organizing, directing, evaluation and development of the culinary team. Monitor staff performance and provide feedback to the owner
- Conduct the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Develop new menus, plan special menus and events. Complete and detailed Food Services recipe’s and production manuals (remain the property of the resort)
- Prepare all menu items and work on the line as require
- Product ordering, storage and inventory. Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies and procedures and ensure proper food safety practices are followed.
- Scheduling, of the food and beverage team adjust labour as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labour cost objectives are met.
- Participate as a part of high functioning management team in all aspects of the operation of the resort. Work directly with team to achieve the goals and needs of the resort.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary kitchen in accordance with provincial regulations. Develop kitchen operation, cleaning and maintenance schedules. Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and advise of required repairs, replacements or maintenance of all equipment as required
- Manage food, kitchen labor, and other kitchen-related costs. Inventory and ordering, meeting budget targets, and conducting food cost analysis. Monitor portion size and waste control
- Ensure food delivery to our guests meets timing standards
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Excellent organizational skills. Ensure all protocols and procedures are being followed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexible work hours. Must be available to work weekends and statutory holidays and attend meetings as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Food Safe Certificate is required. Completion of a recognized Culinary school, program or equivalent graduate.
- Possessing a Red Seal Journeyman Cook Certificate. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of kitchen: Cooking, baking, butchery, fine dining, banquets.
Minimum three years’ experience in food production within a full service multi-unit operation as well as a proven track record of maintaining high standards of productivity and efficiency in the culinary field are required. Experience in a supervisory or management capacity as a Chef de Partie in a full-scale food service operation is essential. Experience working on the service line in a fast-paced environment
Effective communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving, works well under pressure, calm and level headed. Handles stress well. Organizational skills, Strong leadership and communication abilities in a team atmosphere, Ability to train, coach, mentor and inspire staff members. The ability to motivate and lead by example; ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others and to work out differences with others when issues arise, the on-going development of team skills is expected, with emphasis on supporting others. Time management skills; Ability to perform moderate to heavy lifting. Energetic, positive, outgoing, people orientated, self-motivated. Passionate about culinary and service excellence.
Unique Lifestyle Career Opportunity
As the Seasonal Chef you will be employed at Sunset Bay Resort for 5 – 6 months, with one to two full days off per week.
Meals are provided within budget. On your time off, enjoy recreational facilities: canoes, kayaks, hiking trails, fishing, SUP boards, etc. Check out the website www.sunsetbayresort.ca Limited WIFI. An opportunity to extend the season. Personal satisfaction and achievement.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Starting salary for our Seasonal Chef is $ 3200 monthly, for five months. Salary to be adjusted according to performance which will be determined upon acceptance of employment.
Accommodations: Option#1 Trailer site with full hook up: 30amp power, potable water and gray water. Taxes and fees applicable. Trailer not supplied.
Options #2 On site trailer. Linen and Sat. TV not supplied. Nominal occupancy rate, Taxes and Fees applicable.
Job Closing Date for applications: Recruitment for this position will be until Wednesday the 4th of April 2018.
We sincerely thank everyone for their interest, but we will contact only those applicants whose skills and experience meet our needs.
Only those applicants with a valid work visa for Canada will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application for the Seasonal Chef position at:
The Beach House Family Restaurant – EMMA LAKES ONLY LICENSED LAKESIDE RESTAURANT & RESORT- email: email@example.com
Oct 20 2017
Lakeland Fire Department Fishing Derby!
On February 17th, 2018 the Lakeland Fire Department will be hosting the 1st Annual Lakeland Fire Department Ice Fishing Derby. It will be held at Murry Pt. Emma Lake from 10 till 2pm. Cost is $50 per hole. You will be able to purchase tickets Nov 1, 2017 from District of Lakeland 521 Office or Give them a call at 306-960-3084 and book your tickets today!
All proceeds will go towards the new Fire Hall project.
All anglers must bring a pale to transport fish. Food and drinks will be available on site. There will also be a polar dive that day after the derby!!! Bonus:It is a FREE FISHING WEEKEND
1st prize is $1500, 2nd is $750, 3rd is $300 cash, plus other prizes.
Biggest fish smallest fish, 1st fish caught and or last fish caught.
Accommodations are available at Sunset Bay Resort!
Since it is a free fishing weekend on Emma Lake, for those of you who are coming from outside of the area, why not stay a night or two? Sunset Bay boasts warm and cozy cabins, with everything you need, or stay in one of our comfy motel rooms. Find out more by clicking here!