Jul 27 2021
When visiting Sunset Bay Resort located at beautiful Emma Lake, Saskatchewan, there are countless things to do within a 30 minute distance! Whether it be water-based activities, land activities, or sightseeing, there is something for everyone to enjoy all year round. The best part – all activities are within a 30-minute distance of Sunset Bay Resort, so you will never have to commute far to experience all that Emma Lake has to offer.
Water-Based Activities In And Around Emma Lake, Saskatchewan
Visiting Sunset Bay in the Summer? Get out on the lake!
- Rent a canoe, kayak, or paddle board from the Sunset Bay Marina
- Waterski, knee board, or wake surf
- Go fishing
- Go swimming
- Explore the lake on a Sea-doo/jet ski
Visiting Sunset Bay in the Winter?
No problem, there is so much fun to be had.
Enjoy activities such as:
- Playing pond hockey
- Enjoy cross country skiing or snowmobiling
- Ice Fishing
Land Activities Around Sunset Bay Resort, Emma Lake, Saskatchewan
Visiting Sunset Bay Resort in the Summer? Hit the beach!
- Play beach volleyball on the court
- Build a sandcastle
- Play in the sand
Looking for a little more adventure? There are a ton of things to do within 30 minutes of Sunset Bay Resort!
- Go exploring on an ATV
- Go camping at Murray Point or Great Blue Heron
- Go hiking
- Play mini-golf at Emma Lake Mini-Golf
- Golf 9 or 18 holes at the Emma Lake Golf Course
- Go Birdwatching
- Go Berry picking
- Have a bonfire
Sightseeing Near Sunset Bay Resort
If sightseeing is up your alley, there are plenty of things to do within 30 minutes of Sunset Bay Resort.
- Visit the Height of Land Lookout Tower at Waskesiu
- Visit the Grey Owls’ Cabin at Waskesiu
- Hike the Boundary Bog Trail at Waskesiu
- Visit the Waskesiu Heritage Museum
- Sunsets and Sunrises – We are called ‘Sunset’ Bay Resort for a reason
- Northern Lights – They call Saskatchewan the “Land of Living Skies” for a reason
Hungry & thirsty from all the adventure-seeking?
- Visit the local adult watering holes such as the Sunnyside Bar
- Visit Fern’s Grocery & Emma Lake Pizza
- Enjoy ice cream from the Sunset Bay Marina
No matter the season, come out and discover for yourself all Sunset Bay Resort and the surrounding area have to offer. Sunset Bay Resort is waiting for you! Book your stay now.
Oct 20 2017
Lakeland Fire Department Fishing Derby!
On February 17th, 2018 the Lakeland Fire Department will be hosting the 1st Annual Lakeland Fire Department Ice Fishing Derby. It will be held at Murry Pt. Emma Lake from 10 till 2pm. Cost is $50 per hole. You will be able to purchase tickets Nov 1, 2017 from District of Lakeland 521 Office or Give them a call at 306-960-3084 and book your tickets today!
All proceeds will go towards the new Fire Hall project.
All anglers must bring a pale to transport fish. Food and drinks will be available on site. There will also be a polar dive that day after the derby!!! Bonus:It is a FREE FISHING WEEKEND
1st prize is $1500, 2nd is $750, 3rd is $300 cash, plus other prizes.
Biggest fish smallest fish, 1st fish caught and or last fish caught.
Accommodations are available at Sunset Bay Resort!
Since it is a free fishing weekend on Emma Lake, for those of you who are coming from outside of the area, why not stay a night or two? Sunset Bay boasts warm and cozy cabins, with everything you need, or stay in one of our comfy motel rooms. Find out more by clicking here!