Aug 25 2021
For 35 amazing years, Lawrence and Sonnia Minshull have owned and operated Sunset Bay Resort. Originally established in the 1940’s, Lawrence and Sonnia have been the longest-standing owners and have made vast improvements to the resort over the years. Though they have thoroughly enjoyed their time as resort owners, Lawerence and Sonnia are approaching retirement and have listed Sunset Bay Resort for sale.
Saskatchewan Lake Resort Sunset Bay Resort IS FOR SALE
Built in 1989, Sunset Bay Resort is located at Emma Lake, Saskatchewan, and occupies over 2 acres of prime beachfront property. Sunset Bay Resort is a 4-season oasis that is complete with all the amenities to make it a business owner’s dream property.
Facets of Business at Sunset Bay Resort:
Sunset Bay Resort has many options to accommodate guests including:
- Sunset Bay Cabins – 4 Year-Round Cabins. 2 – 2 Bedroom are 590 square feet each, and 2 – 1 Bedroom are 510 square feet each.
- Sunset Bay Lodge – Year-Round Lodge with 4 Separate Units
- 20 Seasonal Trailer Sites that are fully serviced with 30 Amp Power and potable well water. Seasonal Trailer sites are all on a yearly lease.
Sunset Bay Resort property has a great dining space with the opportunity to be used for catering, breakfast, take-out, and up-scale dining experiences. It is the only water-front restaurant at Emma Lake.
- The Licensed 2 Story Lakeside Family Restaurant at Sunset Bay is equipped with a commercial-grade kitchen.
- The Restaurant can seat up to 80 people, and there is a gorgeous natural fireplace in the upper formal dining area.
- The outdoor patio can accommodate 20 people.
Sunset Bay Resort property includes a place for guests to do laundry.
The Year-Round Public Laundromat at Sunset Bay is equipped with 9 Huebsch Top-Load Washing Machines, 4 Wascomat Natural Gas 30 lb Dryers, and a 60 Gallon Rapid Recovery Water Heater.
Sunset Bay Resort Marina is the only commercial Marina at Emma Lake. Sunset Bay Resort Marina includes:
- Full-Service Marina equipped with double transfer floating docks, that feature 64 Watercraft Stalls
- Watercraft Stalls are rented out by the season, with 4 stalls kept available for short-term rentals
- Environmental Fuel Storage System (25,000-litres)
- Confectionary and Ice cream Store that is located right on the waterfront with built in seating
- Equipment Rentals including paddle boards, kayaks, canoes, aqua bike, and stand-up sail board
Sunset Bay Resort includes a residence with plenty of space for the new owners to call home.
- The residence is 2500 square feet, and features an office, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, family room, large balcony and an attached work shop.
Sunset Bay Resort has been both a happy home and a wonderful workplace for the Minshull family, with a lifetime of lake memories created. Lawrence and Sonnia would like to thank their guests – who have become family and valued friends, for their support over the past 35 years.
For more information on Sunset Bay Resort, please view the listing below:
Jul 27 2021
When visiting Sunset Bay Resort located at beautiful Emma Lake, Saskatchewan, there are countless things to do within a 30 minute distance! Whether it be water-based activities, land activities, or sightseeing, there is something for everyone to enjoy all year round. The best part – all activities are within a 30-minute distance of Sunset Bay Resort, so you will never have to commute far to experience all that Emma Lake has to offer.
Water-Based Activities In And Around Emma Lake, Saskatchewan
Visiting Sunset Bay in the Summer? Get out on the lake!
- Rent a canoe, kayak, or paddle board from the Sunset Bay Marina
- Waterski, knee board, or wake surf
- Go fishing
- Go swimming
- Explore the lake on a Sea-doo/jet ski
Visiting Sunset Bay in the Winter?
No problem, there is so much fun to be had.
Enjoy activities such as:
- Playing pond hockey
- Enjoy cross country skiing or snowmobiling
- Ice Fishing
Land Activities Around Sunset Bay Resort, Emma Lake, Saskatchewan
Visiting Sunset Bay Resort in the Summer? Hit the beach!
- Play beach volleyball on the court
- Build a sandcastle
- Play in the sand
Looking for a little more adventure? There are a ton of things to do within 30 minutes of Sunset Bay Resort!
- Go exploring on an ATV
- Go camping at Murray Point or Great Blue Heron
- Go hiking
- Play mini-golf at Emma Lake Mini-Golf
- Golf 9 or 18 holes at the Emma Lake Golf Course
- Go Birdwatching
- Go Berry picking
- Have a bonfire
Sightseeing Near Sunset Bay Resort
If sightseeing is up your alley, there are plenty of things to do within 30 minutes of Sunset Bay Resort.
- Visit the Height of Land Lookout Tower at Waskesiu
- Visit the Grey Owls’ Cabin at Waskesiu
- Hike the Boundary Bog Trail at Waskesiu
- Visit the Waskesiu Heritage Museum
- Sunsets and Sunrises – We are called ‘Sunset’ Bay Resort for a reason
- Northern Lights – They call Saskatchewan the “Land of Living Skies” for a reason
Hungry & thirsty from all the adventure-seeking?
- Visit the local adult watering holes such as the Sunnyside Bar
- Visit Fern’s Grocery & Emma Lake Pizza
- Enjoy ice cream from the Sunset Bay Marina
No matter the season, come out and discover for yourself all Sunset Bay Resort and the surrounding area have to offer. Sunset Bay Resort is waiting for you! Book your stay now.
Oct 20 2017
Lakeland Fire Department Fishing Derby!
On February 17th, 2018 the Lakeland Fire Department will be hosting the 1st Annual Lakeland Fire Department Ice Fishing Derby. It will be held at Murry Pt. Emma Lake from 10 till 2pm. Cost is $50 per hole. You will be able to purchase tickets Nov 1, 2017 from District of Lakeland 521 Office or Give them a call at 306-960-3084 and book your tickets today!
All proceeds will go towards the new Fire Hall project.
All anglers must bring a pale to transport fish. Food and drinks will be available on site. There will also be a polar dive that day after the derby!!! Bonus:It is a FREE FISHING WEEKEND
1st prize is $1500, 2nd is $750, 3rd is $300 cash, plus other prizes.
Biggest fish smallest fish, 1st fish caught and or last fish caught.
Accommodations are available at Sunset Bay Resort!
Since it is a free fishing weekend on Emma Lake, for those of you who are coming from outside of the area, why not stay a night or two? Sunset Bay boasts warm and cozy cabins, with everything you need, or stay in one of our comfy motel rooms. Find out more by clicking here!